CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Brewed and bottled

Well I didn't get the Irish Red Ingredients ordered in time for St. Patrick's Day. I did however have some Mr. Beer kits that my mom got for me on sale. Thanks Mom. I made two of them. I used some dry malt extract with the cans of Mr. Beer extract to make it all malt (instead of using the corn sugar that comes with the kit) and I steeped some grains I had left over. I'm sure they are now no longer the correct style but they should still be good. One is a Canadian Drought that I added some crystal 40 to (should give it a slight caramel and toasty flavor) and the other is a Oktoberfest beer that I added crystal 40 and chocolate malt to (should give it a slight caramel flavor with a lot of toastyness and some bitterness).


The Brown/Amber ale and the cider are clearing up nicely. When I bottled the ale it looked more brown but now that it has cleared it is definitely amber, which is good because that's what I was going for. The ale tasted pretty good when I bottled it. I'm still not sure about the cider. I'm hoping it will turn out good.

P.S. Sara my counter is still gone. I have no idea if anyone is reading this :-)

0 comments: