CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Late update

Well a week came and went. I tried my beer. It was pretty good. It actually tasted like beer!!!! Yay. I resisted the urge to bottle it right away. All my research has told me to let it ferment for at least 2 weeks before you bottle it. Well I work every day until Thursday so that makes it easy. Thursday is bottle and brew day!!! I'm going to bottle whats in my fermenter and brew my next batch. I couldn't be more excited. I'm still tweaking my next recipe but I think I've got it figured out. It should be a fairly hoppy brown/amber ale. I'm shooting for amber but I have no idea what I'm doing so...we'll see.


I've also found a recipe for Apfelwein. It's a strong and dry German apple cider/wine. I will be able to make it separate from my beer so I'll have a batch of that going too. It will take around 6 months before its done though so I wont have much to say about it for a while.

Well I'll have to let everyone (that means you Sara) know how brew day goes and I'll post my final recipe then.

2 comments:

Sara Jean said...

yeah she does! and shes invited for the apple cider wine thing!

Dan Culwell said...

I'm sorry Sonja, you are certainly not chopped liver. Of course your invited for the Apfelwein, or if you can't make it all the way down here from South Canada I'll send you a bottle.